Thread: Designated Marksmans Challenge Match in Colfax, IA

Designated Marksmans Challenge Match in Colfax, IA

Looking to try out your rifle skills?
    April 30th and Oct 8th.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marksman challenge.jpg 
Views:	648 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	1005  
    Last edited by Wired1979; 04-06-2016 at 09:13 AM.
    "The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, Period."
    - Ted Nugent

How do I sign up?

Come on out to the Range at 9AM.

But, I would appreciate an email with shooter count (trying to get a quick head count)
    JoelAC1989@gmail.com

Designated Marksman Challenge

Shooters will be broken up into groups and cycled through each stage.
    Shooters will get into position and make ready
    A horn will sound and shooters will have 2 minutes to locate and shoot each target for the stage
    Targets will be marked with a Color and number
    Hit or miss, scoring
    Horn will sound at 2 minutes
    Shooter will empty and show clear

We will rotate through shooters and stages until everyone is done.

All 3 rifle stages and the pistol stage will be hot at the same time.

We're shooting mostly 5" circles, so the accuracy challenge isn't too high. But your positions will be unfamiliar to most and your working against a clock.

CCA is going to be the sponsor of a little bonus stage we're going to be doing. It'll be a nice treat if any of you haven't shot a suppressor yet

We're aiming for a safe, fun match and nothing more. If you're a competitor on a national scale, you're going to laugh your way to first place... but if your shooting is mostly limited to bench work, this will be a fun challenging match.
    Dates are April 30th and October 8th
    Match starts at 9AM at the colfax Range
    946 W 120th St S, Colfax, IA 50054

What You'll need:
    Centerfire Rifle, speed limit of 3100FPS
    30 rounds of Ammo for the 3 rifle stages
    Centerfire Pistol w/extra mags
    Holster and Mag pouch
    30+ rounds Pistol ammo
    Eye and ear protection

Bring any Snacks or Drinks you may need. We will be getting through shooters quicker, but we'll still be out there for a little while, I don't want anyone getting grumpy because they're hungry.
    I'll update with more information as we get things rolling.
    Any questions?
    Last edited by Joel; 04-20-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Email sent!

Because I'm lazy at the momeny, here's a link to the AR15.com thread with some pictures and scores

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_42/59...age=3#i6622132
    Last edited by Joel; 05-01-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Bumping this for this Saturdays match.

I've been stupid busy with life, so I'm dropping the ball on getting word out. If you can make it, details are the same as the last match (which are posted above). If you can't make it, I'll do better next year to get more of you out to the shoots.

Another great day at the range. I showed up with my 18" AR in my version of a SPR. I limited myself with a 2.5x8 Leupold scope. Most of the other shooters had a lot more scope. We started shooting with two squads and three stages. The squad I shot with started on the roof top stage. There were 11 targets to engage between 90 and 200 yards distance. the targets on all stages were a mix of 5 inch circles a few 2 inch squares and a couple half size IPSC swingers. All the targets were hittable, we then moved over to the swinging table to shoot off of. We had 6 targets at this stage. Then the last 6 targets were shot from a webbing strap about three feet off the ground and from the prone. Again this match always makes the best of the 200 yards they have to shoot at. I felt the targets were the right amount of difficulty as there were no perfect scores but all the targets were hit. My thanks go out to the group who set up and the great pulled pork sandwiches. As a side note The second best part of the day after shooting, was the friendly shooters who are willing to show off what they brung to shoot. The KRG stocks changed my mind on what stock I am using for my next build.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by richard1 View Post
    Another great day at the range. I showed up with my 18" AR in my version of a SPR. I limited myself with a 2.5x8 Leupold scope. Most of the other shooters had a lot more scope. We started shooting with two squads and three stages. The squad I shot with started on the roof top stage. There were 11 targets to engage between 90 and 200 yards distance. the targets on all stages were a mix of 5 inch circles a few 2 inch squares and a couple half size IPSC swingers. All the targets were hittable, we then moved over to the swinging table to shoot off of. We had 6 targets at this stage. Then the last 6 targets were shot from a webbing strap about three feet off the ground and from the prone. Again this match always makes the best of the 200 yards they have to shoot at. I felt the targets were the right amount of difficulty as there were no perfect scores but all the targets were hit. My thanks go out to the group who set up and the great pulled pork sandwiches. As a side note The second best part of the day after shooting, was the friendly shooters who are willing to show off what they brung to shoot. The KRG stocks changed my mind on what stock I am using for my next build.
    Ironic isn't it that after a match I always come home with a list of got to have new accessories too.
    "The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight." -- Theodore Roosevelt