Thread: Just moved to Iowa from Peoples Republic of Kalifornia!

Just moved to Iowa from Peoples Republic of Kalifornia!

Family and I just moved to Des Moines from California and man I don't even know where to start... 4 weeks in and we are loving it! Nigh and day compared to what we left behind! No traffic, people are super nice, overall way lower cost of living, great schools from everything we've read. And don't even get me started comparing gun laws. I am blown away! My heart breaks for all of the legal firearms owners lingering in CA. They are under full blown assault by California Democrats. It is brutal and only getting worse. They only opportunity that I see for things to get turned around is via additional SCOTUS nominations to strengthen the conservative / constitutionalist group of judges so they can start taking on cases related to 2a. Anyway very happy to be here! Thanks!

Welcome the the neighborhood, it aint California, but it will do.
    "The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, Period."
    - Ted Nugent

Congratulations on the move. Having moved to Iowa from Chicago, I can relate to much of your utopian elation.

Quote Originally Posted by bababoris View Post
    Family and I just moved to Des Moines from California and man I don't even know where to start... 4 weeks in and we are loving it! Nigh and day compared to what we left behind! No traffic, people are super nice, overall way lower cost of living, great schools from everything we've read. And don't even get me started comparing gun laws. I am blown away! My heart breaks for all of the legal firearms owners lingering in CA. They are under full blown assault by California Democrats. It is brutal and only getting worse. They only opportunity that I see for things to get turned around is via additional SCOTUS nominations to strengthen the conservative / constitutionalist group of judges so they can start taking on cases related to 2a. Anyway very happy to be here! Thanks!
    While I have yet to move to IA myself, as a former Californian, can't say I miss the place. Other than family being there, I see no reason to go back.

Welcome to Iowa. We like to keep Iowa an undiscovered paradise. Alot of people think we are poor hicks in the potato state. IMO, they can just keep on thinking that way.
    Anyway, welcome to the forum.